Monday, April 28, 2014

Dancing Malaysian Sheltie

When we were back in Penang, Sue from Penang Agility Association suggested to mommy that we should enter the Dancing with Dogs Competition organized by Malaysian Kennel Association. Mommy was rather hesitant as she wasn't interested in dancing with ME and she didn't think she had time to come up with a routine, let alone practice it. We only had 2 weeks to the competition and she would be away to Bali for one week.

Our Learned Furry Friend Chili


Mommy finally agreed to participate just so that I could go for habitat training. As mommy was too lazy not motivated to practice, she decided we shall just wing on that day itself. The only thing mommy did was to take out daddy's collar and make me wear it around the house. HER version of a dress rehearsal!



Sheesh, mommy was too kedekut to buy me a proper bow/tie, so she thought this collar will do. I ain't impressed.









During the first day of the competition, most of the dogs suffered from stage fright, myself included. It was soooooo weird having so many people and dogs looking at me that I was unable to dance despite mommy's coaxing and cajoling.




Psst... mommy was worried she would have a Marilyn Monroe moment with her dress as it was so windy.

At least it would have distracted the crowd from our routine, or the lack of it.


I was a lot better during the second day and was able to show off some of my moves. During the routine, I would freak out whenever people clap as I hate sudden loud noises. However, I manage to recover quite fast and continue my routine with mommy. The wonders of a big juicy meatball. Can you see it? It's in mommy's hand.




 




Hehe mommy's wearing a tennis skirt on the 2nd day just in case.






Paul the judge was kind enough to tell mommy how she may desensitize me from the clapping noises after the competition.

Hopefully this will help me in my reaction to loud noises. Boy do I hate them.


Mommy's pretty encouraged by the session. Perhaps we might dance again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment